Frequently Asked Questions
A: If you registered after October 28, getting into the event is a two-stage process. You will receive emailed instruction on finalizing your setup in the virtual platform after you complete your registration. We are here to help you at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A: The event takes place on November 2-12, 2020. The Keynote Session will begin at 9:00 a.m. Central Standard Time on Wednesday, November 4 and education sessions will be taking place each day throughout the event. Exhibitor hours are 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Central Standard Time weekdays during the event. Education and exhibitor booths will be available to view for 30 days beyond November 12.
A: All parts of the conference will be presented in Central Standard Time. Please be aware of how your local time relates to Central Standard Time. Education will be presented via Live Webcast or in a prerecorded format. The schedule of the entire conference can be found in the Daily Schedules section of the conference website.
A: IFAI does not provide accredited continuing education credit for Virtual Expo 2020. We are able to provide a certificate of attendance for specific sessions if needed upon special request.
A: We will be utilizing the Zoom platform within the Virtual Event Place for all education. Some Expo content will be hosted on IFAI Expo’s website, linked through the Virtual Event Place.
A: For Live Webcast sessions, time will be built into the presentation for Q&A; if time runs out, attendees can use the chat feature and the presenter can answer your question later. For prerecorded sessions, some presenters will Zoom in at the end of the scheduled prerecorded workshop to take Q&A with the attendees; others will connect with attendees in our Networking Lounges or chatting in Exhibitor Booths.
A: Attendees have access to the Virtual Event Platform for 30 days from when the conference ends. Please note, attendees will only have the 30-day access for what they originally register for. For example, if you register for Exhibit Halls Only, you will not have archival access to all Expo content.
A: Many fun opportunities will take place throughout the Expo. Attendees can choose to take part in a self-guided, Virtual 5K (additional $29 fee applies), Virtual morning yoga (free and no additional registration required), a Keynote Presentation by Mina Starsiak Hawk and Karen Laine of the HGTV show Good Bones, and other events offered by exhibitors.
A: Yes! You can access the Virtual Expo Show Guide by clicking on the link in the lower right corner of the Virtual Expo Lobby.
A: For full details on what your registration level gives access to, visit our IFAI Expo Registration Page. In short, an Advanced Textiles Conference Virtual Registration gives you full access to all Virtual Expo education and activities; Expo Plus Virtual Registration provides access to all Expo Education and activities excluding the Advanced Textiles Conference education, and Virtual Exhibit Halls Registration gives you access to the exhibit halls, campfire education, and Demo + Play Zone only.
A: IFAI Virtual Expo features virtual networking opportunities that allow attendees to meet future partners and gather with like-minded colleagues. Attendees can chat 1-1 with exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees via text or video.
For real-time networking and community building, live Networking Lounges provide a space where attendees can learn and grow together with topics ranging from supply chain issues to pets and more.
This year’s Expo also features Campfire Sessions, Sponsored Sessions, and industry education that allow you to gather for moderated live discussions on current issues relevant to the industry!
A: Click on Product Search in the top navigation bar and browse exhibitors by alphabetical order or product category.
A: Available throughout the show, the Play + Demo Zone elevates your engagement with sponsors, exhibitors, and IFAI partners! Here you will find on-demand content, in-depth product demos by featured exhibitors, access to Virtual 5K engagement, morning yoga, and more!
A: Yes, you will be able to see all Virtual Expo education presenters who will be on video during their sessions. You will also be able to download PDF versions of all education session slides and other handouts provided by the presenters.
A: Sharing login information is not allowed, and IFAI reserves the right to revoke access to anyone found sharing login information. For every registration to attend virtually, only one device (computer, laptop, tablet, phone) will be allowed to enter the virtual conference.
Each individual attendee must register separately for access to IFAI Virtual Expo.
A: A few tips on maximizing your networking opportunities:
- Once you’re logged in to IFAI Virtual Expo, complete your user profile; this step is vital to a successful virtual networking experience. It allows your peers to learn more about you and help connect you to relevant attendees and exhibitors.
- To update your profile, click on the My Profile tab at the very top of the Event page. Make sure your profile is up to date: upload a headshot, enter your personal information summary or bio, and select keywords in your areas of interest. We recommend that you complete your profile as detailed as possible.
- Dress accordingly, just like you would to attend an in-person event, to be prepared for video chats and to help you get in the right headspace for a productive IFAI Expo.
- Share two to three interesting facts about your community, company, and personal or professional hobbies that will make you more memorable to those you meet.
A: Please contact IFAI at email@example.com. You will also find the IFAI team on the virtual platform, visiting with attendees. Feel free to send us a message during the show!
A: You can read IFAI Virtual Expo’s code of conduct by clicking the link on the lower left-hand corner of the Virtual Expo Lobby. All Virtual Expo attendees are required to agree to the code of conduct during the registration process as a condition of attending Virtual Expo.
A: When you click on the Leaderboard in the main navigation bar you will see a key of how to earn points and badges, as well as see the top scorers!
A: Live booths will be closed after the live event takes place, however, you may browse exhibitor listings and links located within the booth at any time up to December 12.
A: Attendees have access to certain education sessions based on their registration type. Once you’ve registered, you can attend any and all sessions that fall within your registration type.
All education exists within our Education Auditorium (click on Education + Campfires in the lobby or main navigation) and you can access whichever ones you want at the scheduled time they are being offered. Education will be a combination of live and pre-recorded. Live sessions will be recorded and archived on the platform 48 hours after their live airing for attendees to access for 30 days from the time the conference ends.
Code of Conduct
IFAI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and IFAI staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, IFAI staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all IFAI meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than IFAI but held in conjunction with IFAI events, on public or private platforms.
- Expected Behavior:
- Be considerate of others
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from your own
- Be mindful of your words and actions
- Unacceptable Behavior:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, IFAI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuseinclude, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, IFAI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by IFAI throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any IFAI virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services unless expressly approved by IFAI. IFAI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations. IFAI reserves the right to deny or revoke admission to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant marketing practices.
- Participants may not copy, record, or broadcast IFAI event content. This includes, but is not limited to, content shared via sessions, exhibitors, Q&A, chat room activity, or personal contact details without permission.
- Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
- IFAI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and IFAI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
- Reporting Behavior
- IFAI has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment or other behavior deemed unacceptable. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, IFAI asks that you inform firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate action.
Recording/Live-Streaming of Sessions/ Pictures
IFAI Virtual Expo 2020 does not allow the photographing, recording, or livestreaming of any session or events unless express permission is given by the speaker, facilitator, or event organizer. No booth on the virtual show floor may be photographed, recorded, or livestreamed in any way whatsoever for personal or commercial use. This rule is to protect the intellectual property of our speakers, facilitators, and exhibitors. Anyone found to be in violation of this rule will be removed from the event without refund.