February 28, 2022
Industrial Fabrics Association International is pleased to confirm that IFAI Expo will occur in-person, on October 12-14, with education starting on October 11.
IFAI leadership and conference management team continues to keep in close, constant communication with the Charlotte Convention Center (CCC), local government and health authorities, and other local venues as necessary, to make the very best decisions as it pertains to health and safety measures for the in-person event.
Health and Safety Measures for All Attendees and Exhibitors
IFAI Expo’s venue, Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, NC USA, has received the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery.
As a division of the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA), GBAC STAR™ is an industry accreditation that provides third-party validation to ensure the implementation of rigorous protocols in response to biorisk situations. Focused on ensuring a clean, safe and healthy environment, the program establishes requirements to assist venues by providing best practices, protocols and procedures to control risks associated with the COVID-19 virus.
Additionally, the following health and safety measures will be recommended for IFAI Expo. Keep in mind, as this is a fluid situation, this may be updated at any time leading up to the event:
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout classrooms, concourses and the exhibit halls. Frequent sanitizing, and hand washing, are encouraged.
- 6-foot physical distancing in registration lines and other queues.
- Physical distancing at banquet tables / education rooms where feasible (i.e. 4 or 6 chairs per banquet table, 3-6 feet per chair in classrooms). Physical distancing will be encouraged.
- Offering color-coded stickers to place on badges and signage, indicating contact comfort levels (i.e. red = please keep distance; yellow = no physical contact; green = handshakes, hugs, etc. welcome).
- Plexi barriers at registration, the exhibit halls welcome desk, exhibit sales booth, and other “customer service” touch points between IFAI and attendees. Exhibitors are free to implement similar measures in their own spaces, if they so choose.
- Food and beverage options may be limited and served in accordance with convention center policies to limit high touch points.
- We will follow CDC guidance on masks including abundant signage throughout the building explaining said guidance
- We recommend those planning to attend/exhibit at the Expo please be fully vaccinated. While we respect everyone’s personal choice in this matter, and we will not ask for proof of vaccination, for your safety and the safety of all, please consider vaccination.
- We ask that if you aren’t feeling well to please remain home.
We will continue to publish updates to the health and safety measures planned for the event via email and on the IFAIExpo.com website. Please continue to check back for more updates.
NOTE: This COVID-19 mitigation plan is subject to change as new information is learned and official policies and guidelines are updated.
For questions or comments about health and safety at IFAI Expo 2022, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.